Si vous avez des questions concernant cette politique de confidentialité ou si vous voudriez demander une traduction, veuillez contacter nous à [email protected]
2. Important information: who we are
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Full name of legal entity: Investoo Ltd
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: (+44) (0) 20 3488 2091
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
3. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (“IP”) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use websites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect and store information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
o apply or register for products or services;
o create an account on our website;
o subscribe to our service or publications;
o request marketing materials to be sent to you;
o enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
o give us feedback or contact us.
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. For more information about the cookies we use, please see ‘Cookies’ below.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
o Technical Data from the following parties:
§ members of our affiliate network;
§ our business partners;
§ third party data exchanges (e.g. Lotame’s Data Exchange);
§ analytics providers (e.g. Google);
§ advertising networks; and
§ search information providers.
o Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
o Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
o Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
5. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new user / customer||(a) Identity(b) Contact||(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)|
|To process and deliver orders including:(a) Managing payments, fees and charges
(b) Collecting and recovering money owed to us
|(a) Identity(b) Contact
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover amounts due to us)|
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
|(a) Identity(b) Contact
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligations
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use particular pages/products/services)
|To enable you to complete a survey||(a) Identity(b) Contact
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use pages/products/services, to understand user preferences, to develop our pages/products/services and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity(b) Contact
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and other illegal activity and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)(b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligations|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of our sites and the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity(b) Contact
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use particular pages/products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to map your journey through our sites, to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical(b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define the types of customers visiting our websites, to understand their interactions with our sites, to keep our websites updated and their content relevant, to develop our business and to inform marketing strategies)|
|To understand your preferences and make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity(b) Contact
(f) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop and promote pages / products / services and grow our business)|
|To obtain professional advice or comply with our legal obligations||(a) Identity(b) Contact
(h) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for obtaining professional advice)(b) Necessary to comply with our legal obligations|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us and/or certain External Third Parties if you have requested information and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express “opt-in” consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above.
• Companies within the Investoo Group.
• External Third Parties (defined in the Glossary below).
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. International transfers
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
• Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
8. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
With the exception of Contact Data (which will be retained for a period of three years from the date of our last contact or dealing with you) we will retain your data for a period of two years from the date of our last contact or dealing with you. At the end of the applicable retention period your data will be deleted from our systems.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data prior to the end of the retention period – see “your legal rights” below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a « data subject access request »). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
o If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
o Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
o Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
o You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
o Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
o Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to understand those who visit our websites, their interests and their preferences with a view to giving them the most relevant user experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Internal Third Parties meansother companies in the Investoo Group, acting as joint controllers and processors.
External Third Parties means:
• Our professional advisers (including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers).
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities.
• Service providers who support the technology behind our websites (e.g. WordPress and HubSpot) and other service providers who help us run our business and perform any services you request.
• Fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing prevention agencies or businesses.
• Product suppliers, brokers, exchanges and other businesses whose products and services are listed or advertised on our websites.
• Our business partners, affiliated advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.